And the 2015 date is....Friday, August 21, 2015
Chicago, IL - On Friday, August 21, 2015, Le Dîner en Blanc - Chicago, the annual secret affair, promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty, and magic as it takes over an undisclosed public space whose location is revealed moments prior to the start of the event. Over 1,300 foodies, fashion, and cultural enthusiasts attended the sold-out 2014 event at the Lincoln Park Zoo Nature Boardwalk, and over 1,500 are expected this year.
"Our goal is to bring together the people of Chicago for a memorable evening in the city they love at a venue they may not normally be able to access for an elegant dinner with friends,” says James Wild co-organizer of Dîner en Blanc – Chicago. And that key element is why the Chicago event has been such a success, as exclaimed by popular Chicago blogger Cheryl Leahy, “Honestly, it was one of the most intriguing and magical (yes, I used the word magical, a word I have never used to describe ANYthing before) evenings I have ever had.”
True to tradition, onlookers will witness groups of guests dressed in white gathering at points across the city. Guided by Dîner en Blanc – Chicago volunteers, the groups converge at an iconic, outdoor Chicago location, travelling by foot and public transportation. Each guest brings a gourmet spread, table, chairs, and table setting – breaking out of normal routines to eat and celebrate amid music, entertainment, dancing, and many new friends.
The evening is filled with breathtaking moments including the napkin twirl to mark the beginning of the dinner and lighting of sparklers to indicate guests are free to mingle and dance. The end of the evening is marked with the sound of trumpets as guests pack up their belongings, pick up all their litter, and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness and tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must observe key rules:
- Guests you attended the previous year (2014) are automatically invited, and once tickets for the current event are purchased they may invite a new member to attend. All others should sign up for the wait list via the official website at chicago.dinerenblanc.info/register, by July 20, 2015
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event and refunds will not be granted.
- Dress code: elegant and attire must be all white and only white! Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful. Table settings: all white!
- Note: Dinnerware, stemware and flatware must be for two – no plastic or disposable items!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth and napkins!
- A picnic basket comprising fine food.
- Guests may pre-purchase a catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on-site and reserved online through the official Dîner en Blanc - Chicago website during ticket registration.
- Champagne and/or wine must be pre-purchased through the event cater only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. All attendees must be 21+ with valid ID’s.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts nearly 15,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 50 cities in more than 20 countries around the world. Passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair, head each event.
About The Hosts
The Diner en Blanc - Chicago team held their inaugural event in August of 2012 in the South Gardens of the Art Institute of Chicago. Since then, the Hosts have sought out significant Chicago venues that are underutilized or have previously not been available for a public or private event including Pioneer Plaza and the Lincoln Park Zoo Nature Boardwalk. The Diner en Blanc - Chicago Host team includes Roger Hobby, James Wild, Annette Dalloo, and Lauren Haras.
Embrace the intrigue of the unexpected. Apothic® White, the official wine of Dîner en Blanc, blends Chardonnay, Riesling, and Pinot Grigio to create a refreshing, medium-bodied wine with flavors of peach and apricot, that leads to a crisp, balanced finish. Named from the 13th century European Apotheca, where wine was blended and stored, the wines of Apothic fuse Old World intrigue with modern sophistication. Our winemaker, Debbie Juergenson, crafts unique, captivating blends that create layers of complexity. Taste a White with Darker Motives and reveal in the intrigue of Dîner en Blanc.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please review the official website: https://chicago.dinerenblanc.com/faq
Official hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBChicago #DEBchicago2015
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc
For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the official website dinerenblanc.info.
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: